IPSS is a member-driven society, and there are many ways to get involved!
Here is a sampling of ideas:
- Present at IPSSW or a webinar
- Volunteer to be a moderate at the conference
- Answer the call to serve on a IPSS committee
- Volunteer to assist with ad hoc projects or research
- Write an article or a publication review for INSIGHTS, the monthly newsletter
- Become involved with a special interest group
- Engage with others on the community forum
- Participate in monthly virtual Community Chats
Interested in joining an IPSS committee?
IPSS committee openings will be announced annually with a call for participation. IPSS Members will receive email notifications regarding the call for participation after the annual conference in the spring. Occasionally, committee chairs reserve the right to invite members who may possess a skill or subject matter expertise that the chair seeks for the composition of the committee (e.g. research, publication, marketing skills).
Committee positions are two-year terms are generally filled in June – July, with the exception of the Meeting Organizing Committee, which is a President appointed committee.
IPSS members may be asked to submit the following materials in order to be considered for a committee or other leadership position:
- Letter of Intent
- Other relevant materials as determined by the Committee Chair
- It is at the discretion of the committee chair to decide if an interview/phone conversation will be required as part of the application review process.
Announcing Committee Openings
Openings on committees may be advertised in one or more of the following ways:
- IPSS Website
- Social Media channels
- INSIGHTS e-news
- E-blast to membership
- Word-of-mouth/professional networking channels
Committee members are required to be a current IPSS member. In accordance with the IPSS Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement, IPSS encourages diversity in its committees.